2017 NCAA Women's Final Four
Mar 27th, 2017 - Apr 3rd, 2017
Welcome to The Huddle! This is your Official Volunteer Portal of the 2017 Women's Final Four. You will be able to find out everything you need to know about being a part of the pinnacle event in Women's College Baskeball here. Dallas is excited to host its very first NCAA Women's Final Four on March 31 and April 2 at the American Airlines Center. We have many volunteer opportunities available March 27-April 3 and look forward to having you as part of the team!
Key volunteer information you should know:
1. REQUIREMENTS: Volunteers must be at least 18 years old (prior to their first shift). Courtesy Car Drivers for the event must be at least 21 years old and not older than age 70. Please make sure to show up to your shifts at least 15 minutes before the official shift start.
Those of you who have not attended one of the two Volunteer Orientations on Monday, March 13th, and Tuesday, March 14th please make sure to pick up your apparel, name badge, handbook, and information prior to your shift at Volunteer Command Center located at the Hyatt Regency Room Pegasus A (300 Reunion Blvd, Dallas TX). You can pull up to the Valet Service and say that you are only there to pick up a package and that it should not take longer than 5 minutes. They will most likely be able to leave your car right in front of the hotel. To pick up your apparel and information see the Volunteer Command Center Office Hours below.
Monday, March 27 9:00am-5:00pm
Tuesday, March 28 9:00am-5:00pm
Wednesday, March 29 7:00am-9:00pm
Thursday, March 30 7:00am-8:00pm
Friday, March 31 7:00am-11:00pm
Saturday, April 1 7:00am-11:00pm
Sunday, April 2 7:00am-8:00pm
From Monday on, you can reach one of my Volunteer Assistants or myself at 469-461-8673.
2. AVAILABILITY: General Volunteer - Beginning March 27th and running through April 3rd, there are opportunities for all interested volunteers with multiple dates and shifts available.
3. TRAINING: All volunteers are asked to register for an NCAA Final Four training session. Training sessions will be conducted for Tourney Town™ and general volunteer areas. While attending the training session, volunteers will receive specific training related to this event, volunteer uniforms, name badges and more.
4. PARKING: Free parking will be provided for all volunteers. The location of your parking depends on where you will be volunteering and will be broken down during the Volunteer Training Sessions.
5. BENEFITS: Volunteers will receive an official 2017 NCAA Women's Final Four volunteer polo shirt and longsleeve shirt that should be worn with tan/khaki pants or skirt and comfortable closed-toe shoes. Upon completion of the NCAA Women's Final Four, we will award prizes for the individuals that completed the most shifts and for the one individual that recruited the most volunteers. For more information about the Volunteer Challenge, please visit here. All volunteers will be invited to a special post-event volunteer appreciation party. Please note that volunteers will not receive special access to purchase game tickets and volunteers will not have access to the American Airlines Center for the semifinals and championship games.
6. BACKGROUND SCREENING: The Dallas Sports Commission (DSC) requires background screens for all volunteer positions. These background screens are done by an independent third party at NO COST TO YOU. The DSC does not have access to your personal information.
You will not receive any communication from DSC if you have passed (“green light”). If you failed (“red light”) the background screen for any reason including an incomplete application you will receive notification. The notification will not include any other information or explanation supporting the determination; however, the notification will include contact information should you want to discuss the results.
If you receive a red light notification, you will not be able to volunteer and your volunteer assignments will be cancelled. DSC will not ask you for details or explanations for a red light notification, and cannot assist you in researching or understanding a red light notification.
DSC follows the National Council of Youth Sports (NCYS) guidelines; a red light (fail) designation results for any of the following:
- Any felony (any crime punishable by confinement greater than one year)
- Defined on the basis of exposure for the offense for which the defendant was convicted, pled guilty or pled nolo contendere. If pled down, then the crime to which the defendant ultimately pled.
- Any lesser crime involving force or threat of force against a person
- Any lesser crime in which sexual relations is an element, including “victimless” crimes of a sexual nature (including pornography).
- Any lesser crime involving controlled substances (not paraphernalia or alcohol).
- Any lesser crime involving cruelty to animals
Thank you for your cooperation!
Please click “Register Now!” on the right side of this page to begin your online volunteer registration.
We will keep adding and adjusting volunteer shifts during the next few weeks and will keep you up to date via email.
For further information related to the NCAA Women's Final Four, visit NCAA.com/Womens-Final-Four.
Questions/Comments? Please contact us via email, firstname.lastname@example.org or phone at 214-571-1018.